Dos Santos early goal lifts Galaxy past Orlando City 1-0
European Football Headlines
- African Cup: Cameroon starts with win, Ghana upstaged
- US men's soccer team following American women in France
- Copa America happy with video reviews despite some criticism
- Dutch cap Europe's World Cup dominance by ousting Japan
- Barca sells Gomes to Everton; Cillessen set to join Valencia
- Ever-changing Argentina seeks stability at Copa America
- Italy beats China 2-0, reaches first quarterfinal since 1991
- Ospina returns for Copa America quarterfinals
- Real Madrid to have women's team from 2020-21 season
- It's on: The World Cup clash between the US and France
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) Jonathan dos Santos scored in the 19th minute, David Bingham made six saves for his fourth shutout and the Los Angeles Galaxy beat Orlando City 1-0 on Friday night to end a four-game losing streak.
The Galaxy (8-5-1) played their second game without Zlatan Ibrahimovic, the star forward banned for two games for violent conduct.
Dos Santos had a good run up for a high, hard shot over the crowd after a centering pass was knocked out outside the box by Orlando defender Robin Jansson.
The Galaxy had a close call in the in the 67th minute when Bingham misplayed a volleyball but Perry Kitchen was on the line to clear Kyle Smith's redirection.
Orlando City (4-7-3) outshot the Galaxy 19-4.
Updated May 24, 2019